Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One more view of the central feature above the falls

From this angle I get a somewhat different impression of the piles beside the central boulder. They are all so parallel the one with another, with nice vertical faces all lined up. It creates a very different impression from that of "doorways" which I was promoting in the previous post. (Even if wrong the idea of a doorway is worth entertaining).

But whatever this is, this is a very structured and pristine site.

4 comments :

Geophile said...

The marked difference the different perspectives make in the impression of this site convinces me that I need to walk around any site with more than one or two elements and take photos from different angles. It's so easy to miss things while in the field, and more photos make it easier to catch things.

Impressive site.

JimP said...

Terrific site, Peter. Some of the photos sort of remind me of Rockville -- not individual features per se, but the overall feeling of the site.

Anonymous said...

One thing that impressed me is the amount of angular, broken stone in the piles. I find this unusual, and even deliberate. Does anyone else?

JimP said...

I see your point Norman and you could very well be right. But I think it's hard to distinguish whether it's deliberate, or simply the result of the builders using the stone that is most available to them.