Friday, February 29, 2008

Site map of previous post

by theseventhgeneration

Here is a rough diagram of the site in the photos from the previous post. The distances are not to scale and the exact positioning of each of these stone piles is also subjective, based on field notes. Click on the image to enlarge it, and to get a better view.



In the previous post, I did not include pictures of rock piles 4 and 5 (from the diagram above). I have a photo of rock pile 4 here, with rock pile 3 just off to the right in the same photo.



Rock pile 5 is a low pile and I did not get any photos of it on my last visit out. It appears to have 2 vertical faces, but I'd like to get some good solid photos to back this up. That will have to wait until after the snow melts here.

3 comments :

pwax said...

What a great photo!

theseventhgeneration said...

Thanks! That was taken with a Canon EOS A2E (35 mm). The battery in the digital camera died that day. I use the 35mm as a backup.

Tim MacSweeney said...

The inclusion of the stone row makes me wonder about the "stone wall." Does it enclose anything, where does it lead to, etc. Following stone rows has led me to some interesting places of many kinds - and many conclusions that may or may not correct sometimes.
Sometimes I even change my mind