Thursday, November 05, 2009

South of Camp Virginia...

...in Bolton, there is a wetland and an undisturbed woods. Some of it is conservation land and a lot of it has occasional rock piles. I went to explore part of it last weekend and I can see that there is still plenty I have not explored down there, e.g. Barrett's Hill. Anyway, I walked in from the west having parked on the road that more or less bisects the map vertically - Rt 85, Hudson Rd. Found a couple of small rock pile clusters and then came back out. Here is one site, almost smothered in blueberries. and smothered in pine saplings:Also there was a nice boulder with rocks stacked on it. This is not that common. Look at the other side. Any theories as to what this is?

There was also a low wall there, too indistinct to photo, and a bit of structure too hard to make out:
This is along the blue dot trail. You ought to be able to find it.

2 comments :

theseventhgeneration said...

Do you think that large boulder on top could rock at all?

pwax said...

I do not think so but I didn't check.