Monday, November 08, 2010

Quartz arrowhead fragments from SE Massachusetts

Chris Pittman writes:
I spent most of the day Saturday in farm fields and couldn't even guess how much walking I did. The conditions were terrible in most places with a lot of weeds on the ground but it was nice to be outside. I have attached a picture of the fragments I brought home, two broken triangular points and a "small stemmed" base, all from quartz. I do take pleasure in finding even these broken pieces. I brought a friend with me and he found a broken quartz tip of a narrow point, his first artifact find. Have you had any opportunity to go out and look lately? I am hoping some of these fields might be plowed again before the winter.

1 comment :

pwax said...

"A bad day arrowhead hunting is better than a good day at work." - PWAX