Thursday, January 26, 2012

One of these rock piles is not like the others.

Reader Rob S. writes:
Hello everyone:
I thought I'd help to get our minds off the snowy woods:

On the afternoon of the seventh of this month I went to Poor’s Hill to see if I could find anything; it’s located next to Peabody Pond in Sebago, Maine. I finally did stumble upon some rock piles nested in one of the hollows of the hill. Most were low to the ground and could barely be discerned from the snow and leaf litter.One, however, stood out from the rest. It was taller and I could make out a green bucket from under the rocks. I lifted one of the rocks, but there was nothing to see but ice. The rock was put back in place. I believe it was used to lure in bears for some hunter. I intend to go back in the spring to see if there’s more to be found nearby.

No comments :