Monday, April 23, 2012

"Walking in Woods"

In my car, I have a little sign I put on the dashboard, visible through the windshield saying "Walking in Woods". I use it when I leave my car somewhere where there is no good reason to park a car. Like on a back road next to someone's property - just to answer the question. So this weekend I was forced to pick such a place in order to get into a particular woods on Buck Hill in Fitchburg, which is partially private property. When I got back to my car there was a little note under the windshield wiper:
I couldn't decide if this was a threat. More likely a busybody expressing annoyance. In the end, though, it is true. Time to stop trespassing in northern Fitchburg. But I should add, in a sour grapes sort of way, that there is no particular reason to go back to Buck Hill. 
 

5 comments :

Chris Pittman said...

I would have been really infuriated by that note. What kind of person would care to leave such a thing?

pwax said...

It did sort of spoil my day.

pwax said...

The handwriting looks like that of a 60 year old woman.

theseventhgeneration said...

You could probably submit this to passiveAgressiveNotes dot com.

pwax said...

Truth be told, I mis-spoke. Buck Hill is the place where a foreground rock shape imitates the horizon - Mt Wachusett.